I think there is nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie. They are so easy to make and are just one of those comfort foods that you can’t go wrong with. Whether you are bringing them to work or a picnic or just simply enjoying them for yourself, give this recipe a try.
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie sheets
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Blend with mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour until thoroughly blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls on to ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or desired doneness.
A couple of things I want to mention. I pulled out my cookies a minute before the desired time (11 minutes). I let them sit on the stovetop for that remaining minute knowing they would continue to cook. I like my cookies to be more on the soft side versus too crispy.
Also, you can add other ingredients if you like. Such as nuts, raisins, or even coconut. The skies the limit. Have fun with it and experiment and most of all…..enjoy! 🙂