These are super easy to make. You will be so surprised at how easy everything comes together and how little dishes you need to clean afterwards. 😉
- 1 box chocolate brownie mix (plus ingredients listed on box)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini m&m's
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box. Pour into the 9 x 13 baking pan and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir until combined. Add the quick oats, chocolate chips, and m&m's. Stir again until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough over the top of the brownie batter. You can also use your hands, which is what I did. Grab a small scoop of the cookie dough and flatten it in your hands. Then, lay it gently on the brownie batter. It seems to give it a more even layer that way but either way is just fine.
- Bake for roughly 30 minutes or until the center is done. Use a toothpick or knife and insert into the middle and make sure it comes out clean. Mine takes 30 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes to 1 hour and then cut into squares. This can feed more than 12 people if you cut the squares smaller. Store covered at room temperature.
I hope you try making these. If you do, comment below and let me know what you think. It’s definitely a keeper. 🙂