So, ever since I can remember, I’ve always made hard boiled eggs on the stove. I have tried all different methods, too, to make that perfect egg.
I have adjusted the time they cook.
I have tried placing them in the water before it boils.
I have tried placing them in the water after it’s boiling.
I have tried turning off the heat as soon as the water boils and let them sit in the hot water for a period of time.
I have also tried boiling them and then removing them to cold water immediately.
I have lucked out and been successful at times, but unsuccessful for the majority.
I happened to read about making them in the instant pot. Hmmm. Never thought about that. It wasn’t until I read from several different people that this method makes the perfect hard boiled egg.
Not only does it make the perfect egg, but it’s supposed to be the easiest to peel, too. Ok, NOW you have my attention. There is nothing worse than being stabbed by egg shells.
Perfect egg and easy to peel. Sold!
So, I decided to give it a try. Here’s what I did:
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 6 large eggs, or as many as you can layer on the bottom without stacking
- Insert the steam rack into the bottom of the instant pot.
- Pour one cup of water on the bottom.
- Place your eggs on to the steam rack without stacking them.
- Close and lock the lid and make sure the vent is set to sealing.
- Power on and press Manual. (On my model it's the Pressure Cook button) Select the time between 5, 6, or 7 minutes depending on your altitude. (You can always test a couple of eggs first to see how much time works for you)
- Once finished, release the pressure until the valve drops.
- Open the lid and immediately transfer the eggs to an ice bath.
You can know include me with everyone else that raves about how the instant pot makes the perfect hard boiled egg. I have tried it myself and seen it with my own eyes.
The eggs come out perfect! The yolk is the perfect color of yellow. It’s soft and tender and not at all rubbery or green.
The peel came off super easy, too. No egg shell stabbing occurred.
I will now say that if you have not tried this method before add it to your list. You will not be disappointed. If you have tried it, please share how your experience went. Is there something else to make it even better?
I’m all ears. 🙂