This bread is SUPER easy to make. Just throw everything into a bowl and you’re done. The longest part if waiting for the dough to rise. This can easily be made to serve with dinner. Nothing like showing off a fresh loaf of bread that looks like you spend hours making.
Dutch Oven Artisan Bread
- Dutch Oven
- 1 1/2 cups water, (about 100 degrees F)
- 2,25 tsp active yeast or 1 packet
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- In a large bowl, mix together the water, yeast, and salt until all is completely dissolved.
- Add the flour and mix until a sticky dough forms. Don't worry about over mixing. Just be sure there are no dry areas in the dough.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and set in a warm place for 2-3 hours. I preheat my oven to 200 degrees and then turn it off. I put my bowl in there to rise.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees with the dutch oven inside.
- Place the dough on to a piece of parchment paper that is lightly dusted with flour. Fold the bottom of the dough up to the top and repeat until a nice rounded ball is formed.
- Place the parchment paper with dough into the hot dutch oven. Score the top of the dough with 1/2 inch lines, about two.
- Bake for 35 minutes with the lid on. After 35 minutes, remove the lid and continue baking for 10 more minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least one hour.
I have made this recipe several times and it’s never failed me. It’s truly so easy to make and tastes delicious!