I had these cookies years ago and decided to make them myself. There are many different versions of this recipe out there but here is how I made them. I simply added chocolate chips and peanuts to mine. The salty peanuts with the sweetness of the cookie makes it heavenly.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
Optional: coconut, raisins, other nut varieties such as chopped pecans or walnuts. You can really mix in anything.
- Mix softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a bowl until smooth. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then, add the quick oats just until combined.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and peanuts and use a spoon to fold in.
- Form balls about 1 1/2 inches (golf ball size) and place on a prepared cookie sheet. I used parchment paper on my sheets.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Let cool on the pan for five minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips: I used a stand mixer for this recipe. It makes things much easier to mix together. You can use an electric hand mixer, too.
I like to take my cookies out about a minute before they are done. They will continue to cook as they sit out of the oven.
Mix in the quick oats first before the chocolate chips and peanuts. It will give them a better chance to get well incorporated.
You can make the balls smaller to make more cookies. Just cut back on the baking time.
Comment below if you make these and let me know what you think of them. Or if you have made these before and have your own recipe. I’d love to hear!