First off, I want to send a big shoutout THANK YOU to my mom for giving me this recipe. Many years ago, she gave this to me and I have made it several times since. It’s been a while and the idea just popped into my head to make it again. I’m so glad she introduced this to me because it really is the easiest cake I have ever made.
Now I know the name “dump” cake doesn’t sound very appetizing but trust me, it’s delicious. It got its name because all of the ingredients literally get “dumped” into the pan. No extra bowls or mixers needed. Just dump and bake. 🙂
Cherry Dump Cake
- 2 21 oz cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix, 15.25 oz
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump the cherry pie filling into the bottom of the pan and spread around evenly.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the cherries.
- Mix the almond extract with the melted butter.
- Slowly drizzle the melted butter/almond extract mix evenly over the dry cake.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden yellow.
- Allow the cake to rest for 20 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to rest. May serve warm or cold or with ice cream, if desired.
Mmmmm!!!! This is going to be so good! I wanted to mention that you can also use any kind of pie filling you want. I think a blueberry dump cake might be in my future. 🙂 You can also use a chocolate cake mix to make a black forest dump cake. Oh my! I just need to stop and eat.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please share below if you try this.