This is not my recipe. I found this on The Pioneer Woman’s website and it seemed super easy to make and looked delicious. Well, after making it, I can say that it is indeed both of those. Here’s how I made it and how it turned out.
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp hot chili oil
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed
- 6 skinless, boneless, chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Cooked spaghetti, for serving
- 1 cup salted, roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- Combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili oil, lime juice and 1 cup water in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green beans and cook, tossing, until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Season the chicken salt and pepper. Add a little more vegetable oil to the skillet, then add a small portion of the chicken at a time until browned and mostly cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add to the bowl of beans. Repeat with the rest of the batches until they are all cooked.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat until fragrant and starting to brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the curry powder and stir until toasted, about 20 seconds.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits. Add the chicken and green beans and cook until the mixture boils and thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup water to thin the sauce if necessary; cook for another minute. Serve over spaghetti and top with the peanuts and cilantro.
I did change a few things simply from my own choosing. I did not use vegetable oil. We prefer avocado oil when cooking so that’s the oil I used. I also did not have any hot chili oil for the sauce so I simply omitted it. Lastly, I used chicken breast simply because I ordered chicken thighs but discovered that my grocery store gave me breasts instead. Oh well. I like them, too. 😉
I found this recipe to be quick and easy to make. If any of you try it, please let me know below how you liked it. I think it had the perfect balance of all the different flavors and was even more flavorful the next day.